EMPOWER U is a 501(c)3 non-profit organization founded by Marla Townsend in 2018. EMPOWER U’s main purpose is to help instill the power to improve decision making skills in young people. EMPOWER U will encourage the development of educational strategies to improve the quality of life for our youth. Speaking opportunities will take place at schools and with community organizations whose purpose is to support our children. Speakers will include former and current collegiate coaches and student-athletes who understand how important it is to be in control of your life and actions.
Marla Townsend, Founder and Executive Director, will use her 32 years of educational experiences and collegiate coaching to challenge student groups with age specific programs that she has developed to create an optimistic outlook in daily life. She has taken the mental conditioning methods that she has implemented with her collegiate student-athletes and created a program that will promote change in many lives. EMPOWER U’s ultimate goal is to MAKE A DIFFERENCE…while inspiring young lives.
The purpose of EMPOWER U is to:
- help young people understand how important it is to be in control of their actions
- promote the development of mental toughness and the ability to deal with adversity
- reach across boundaries and provide guidance for all
- improve the leadership skills in individuals
- address decision-making skills
EMPOWER U Programs include:
- Getting and Keeping a Positive Mindset
- Expecting Great Things To Happen
- Maintaining a Winners Perspective (W.I.N.)
- Striving For Excellence
- Managing My Life
- Dealing with Adversity